Friday, April 29, 2011

And It Begins...Royal Wedding is T-Minus 3 hours, 2 minutes 5 seconds


I am exausted. Knackered. I can't go to sleep. Did Kate sleep last night? My feeling is that no one in the Middleton family got past stage 1. No REM, I'm thinking...

I think the Queen slept like a log. I suspect she made the last round of phone calls to staff and signed off by 7pm. Just a hunch. I am thinking she is the only calm one. We are all soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  excited!
Here are my flowers from the garden for the tea party tommorrow (tonight~), for my after-the-fact 8pm re-run of the wedding.


Here will be the view of the telly. 



Here's the Royal Blend Tea from London I purchased a few weeks ago, 
and I'm also serving Strawberry Tea and Twingings Black Current Tea.


Here are the demi-tasse teacups for the little girls who are coming with their mothers.
My good friend wrote me and asked what time the party was because her little girl is so emotional about the Royal Wedding and my tea party that she carried the invitation around in her purse, and now she can't find it. Is that the cutest thing? She is six years old and definitely a future princess... 
A Duchess at least.




I'm just setting out the basics, and mixing & matching. Plastic and paper, sterling and bone china, it's every which way but were are going to have lots of fun tonight. !


Here is Mommy's sterling. 925. 



I found a darling Chippendale compote which I 
used as a tea bag caddy/holder...mommy was right. Not 925. But still pretty.







No comments:

Post a Comment