Monday, March 28, 2011

Let them eat cake...


 


I keep thinking about the wedding cake. Can you imagine the pressure everyone is under to make sure every single little sugar flower is ready and counted, and back up flower petals and leaves are prepared just in case one cracks. In fact, I would not be surprised if a back up cake is being prepared, just in case the main one gets dropped, damaged or dinged. 

I have W C T, (wedding cake trauma) and it has caused me to be very careful on this subject.
My wedding cake was baked by a lovely pastry chef who apparently owed back taxes and fled to Canada the day after my wedding. My cake was baked and delivered, luckily, but it was too close for comfort.

When my sister was married, I was suspicious. Poor sis was rushing around in a tizzy, and I decided to "check on the cake". With cake receipt in hand, I entered the bakery and produced it, letting them know, "I just wanted to check in and get an update to make sure everything was alright." The wedding was a week away. The clerk looked at me and froze, carefully searching for my sister's order. Not to be found.

Once again, a close scrape. Her cake order was rewritten, and her cake was saved, and delivered. Whew!
Will & Kate won't need to worry about that, I'm sure.




Fiona Cairns, gourmet pastry chef in charge of designing and producing William and Catherine's traditional wedding cake is well versed in preparing mouth watering dessert for elegant events.
Her colorful and romantic confections have a vintage and romantic sensibility, engaging both the eye and the pallete.



Here is a picture of my favorite cake,  "Miss Nilly's Jack Daniel's Cake"
I made this one last year, and thought it looked so pretty...
It's completely delicious, and if William and Kate would ever like to try it I will be happy to make it for them!

This larger one below has mandarine Vodka in it...and
lots of caramel.


Secret American Ingredients, shhhh.......


and


yes, it's true.


No comments:

Post a Comment