Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Queen's Cake


I have decided that in honor of the upcoming nuptials, I am going to concept, design and bake with aplomb, a one-of-a kind confection called The Queen's Cake. I want this cake to have Queen Elizabeth's personality...regal, commanding and positively delicious. This cake shall be served at my tea party.
I believe this cake shall involve the color violet....because she is no shrinking violet, and violets are pretty and I found the violet flavoring!
Violet Extract 1/2 oz.
pure violet extract


This little wangly-poor drawing of my violet cake made me think of the magnificent and somewhat dotty hats worn at Ascot.  I love the idea of fresh violets ...wiry and unruly just springing up from a tall, tiered
butter poundcake frosted in violet scented cream.


sugared violet


magnificent and dotty hat worn at ascot
(God Save the Queen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment